Monday, 11 February 2013

1.4 Wiki: wik-ed

I have created a wiki to work with my Young Learners; however I don’t think it worked as I had planned. Some students struggled to get an account as they were not getting the initial emails.  Some students were really confused as to how they could contribute to the page and one student created 3 new accounts without meaning to, just trying to add a comment.
I think it would have been best if I thought them ICT or if we had access to a computers on a regular basis.  Also I think I might create a blog to start with, as I think having a blog where they can read my posts and comment on it might be an easier way to train them to use such tools. 
The positive side to it though was the visual aspect and the idea of online sharing, which initially appealed very much to me, and to them, as it certainly enhances learning and sharing.

Wikispace page reviewed

No comments:

Post a Comment